Re: (ASCEND) Getting Radius to "kick" SMTP mail queues

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:01:13 +0100
 "Mike Hughes" <mike@dircon.net> wrote:

> We've got a number of customers who get mail delivery via SMTP
> (mainly corporate dialups, etc) over dialup. We want to look at
> hacking the Radius source, so that when it sees a customer with
> static IP (i.e. Framed-Address = True), it runs a script, with the
> user ID as an argument, which will then kick their SMTP queues.
>
> At the moment, we have people using a finger command to kick the
> mail, which we are not happy with. Ideally this needs getting rid of,
> so they just get one automated kick of the spooled mail at login.
>
> Is it possible, if so has anyone done this, and could someone
> point us in the right direction as to which section of the Radius C
> code actually needs editing? I've found a bit referring to
> "get_framed_address (authreq, where)" - am I warm?

Netcom US [I believe], Demon Internet, and Easynet all do this.

You modify the radiusd to send a message to a TCP server on your
email server. Its not something a quick hack will suffice to do...

Demon should sell their authentication software, Jim Seagrave their
chief coder did a cool job on it...

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)