(ASCEND) reality check! (fwd)

Once upon a time Dave Van Allen shaped the electrons to say...
>nobody is winning right now except all of the other manufactures (Cisco,
>Livingston, Bay, et al) who have not taken a lead to bring a product to

To be fair we've been shipping the Lucent K56flex for a month or so now,
and we're having our our brand of "fun".

Cisco is also shipping their Rockwell K56flex boards, users are starting
to talk about them on the newsgroup.

>market and are just sitting back watching the 'collective us' and
>pioneers like Ascend work out all of the bugs for them.

Hardly - Ascend is not the only one out there.

A lot of the early problems were due to Ascend/Rockwell deciding to foist
K56Plus off as K56Flex, and it was not ready for primetime.  Rockwell's
official fix is to upgrade to Flex.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588