Re: (ASCEND) 5.0ap24

At 08:40 AM 9/11/97 +1200, Josh Bailey wrote:

>Matt,
>
>On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>
>> 2584 MAX 4000 reset—FE1.
>> 2605 MAX 4000 reset—FE8.
>
>Under what conditions do these crashes happen? Are we ever going to see
>details in the release notes or is it always going to be
>guess-the-trouble-report?

TR information will be accessible via the web-site in the near future. It
is currently being beta-tested, and will be accessible with a service
contract password. In the meantime, what I can find:

TR#2584 -
Abstract: Getting FE1 on special release 5.0Ap18
Customer: XXXXXX
Software: 5.0Ap18
Product : MAX 4000

FATAL ERROR:  Index: 1  Load: tik.m40 Revision: 5.0Ap18
        Date: 08/12/1997.       Time: 16:19:20
        Location: b0232f88 b02101b8 b021158c b007a358 00000000 00000000

TR#2605 -
All that I find on this one is as in the release notes. (It was reported on
5.0Ap18)

>> FYI, this release still contains certain radius accounting issues that may
>> or may not affect your operations. We are testing fixes for those problems
>> now and they will be addressed in a future patch release.
>
>Why not tell us what they are so we can help you find all the problems?

On the FTP site:

**  WARNING    WARNING    WARNING    WARNING    WARNING    WARNING   **
There is a known problem with RADIUS Accounting in this release.
Max intermittently reports Framed-Address = 0.0.0.0 and Auth=Local
in radius Accounting.
If you have question with RADIUS Accounting please call Technical
Support at 1-800-272-3634 before loading this release.  Thank you!
**  WARNING    WARNING    WARNING    WARNING    WARNING    WARNING   **

It's the same problem that was in 5.0Ap23 - we are currently working
on the fix as Matt said.

Kevin