RE: (ASCEND) stuffy code releases

 This must be all a Configuration Issue.

BLAH!

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 ascend@digistar.com wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Dave Van Allen wrote:
>
> > 3) If you want to help, fly to CA and visit Ascend. I did, I paid for
> > it, they didn't.  I did it to help me. If you benefit, great.
>
> If you're foolish enough to fly out to Alameda for no money or
> compensation, then that's your fault.

Hmm. let's see, Dave you spent about what 8 hours at Ascend, And probably
100+ hours with me in the Hilton Bar. That's not called foolish, That's
called a PARTY.

Seriously, We accomplished what we needed to accomplished, Proved and
instabilities that there may be and walked away knowing what had to be
done to implement OSPF in our networks. I'd say the trip was well worth
it. Plus it right there with ISPCON, Which in my opinion was one of the
best conferences this year.

> > 4) I'm a "lower minion" than you.  I just decided to do something,
> > rather than just bitch.

> Okay, so I'm supposed to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars on
> equipment that doesn't work, and be happy about it?  Yeah, right.

You could pay me thousands and thousands of dollars and I'll be happy
about it. :)

I lost track on this thread, What exactley are you worried about not
working in your environment?

Well, If anyone has been on this list for any significant amount of time,
They know I cutt Ascend NO BREAKS. I'm prob.. one of thier most hardest
customers in the world to please, To put it simple I BITCH MORE THAN
ANYONE, But hands down, Ascend has the best support structure I have seen.
List out the issues that you have and lets move on from there.

Jason Nealis
Erols Internet