Re: (ASCEND) cisco762 ---> ascend .... yuk

> I use 752 and 753 connecting into a max4000 and have no problem.  I can
> send you a sample setup if you like.

Same here. With a 762.

Only thing I find is that the Cisco is nowhere near as smart as the Pipe
with regards to extending and reducing bandwidth. It seems that once the
second channel comes up (because the load went above the threshold), it
never comes down when the load goes back down.

A Minor issue.

> Todd Romero wrote:
> >
> > I am having GRAVE troubles with inconsistant behaviour with the
> > compatability between the Cisco 762 series routers and Ascend P50's and
> > the like.
> >
> > I believe the Cisco series in question actually has old Combinet
> > software in it. It is NOT the Cisco IOS software. (which is VERY
> > compatible with ascend MPP, etc)

Indeed it is certainly crappy.

> > I am getting strange dialing probs. sometimes I get 128K, altho most of
> > the time I dont because of some error. We use Centrex 3 digit intercom
> > dialing. So I will have the 762 dial the 3 digit # and the 1st B channel

Interesting! I thought centrex dialing always uses 4 digits!

> > connects, then the Ascend passes th full 10 digit # back to the cisco
> > for the second call which returns a busy code. The busy is coming FROM
> > the Pipeline 50. NOT the the telco network.

Does the Cisco really support MPP (in which there is a phone number
exchange), or just MP, in which the dialer dials two configured numbers or
just the same number twice?

Anyway it shouldn't matter that what is being returned is the full 10 digit #.

-Phil