Re: (ASCEND) 32HDLC card

> I've got a 32HDLC card...  I can't remember what it does :)  It's been
> sitting on the shelf so long in the bag that I can't remember why we
> bought it.
>
> Umm, what's it for? :)

I think it's to add more virtual channels on a Max.

The MAX uses an HDLC channel for every connection. You can see how many of
them you have available by typing "sh if stat" in the termserver. They
are numbered wan0 through wan<whatever> (They are the interfaces).

If you have fewer of them than you have physical ports (channels, modems,
serial ports, etc..) then you are in trouble.

I think those cards are obsolete because modern Maxen have more than
enough of them built in to handle the largest possible number of physical
ports you could install.

-Phil