Re: (ASCEND) Inter operability & BACP,DBA,BOD et. al.

At 11:44 AM 9/16/97 -0700, James Johnson wrote:
>At 08.37 16/09/97 -0500, ascend@digistar.com wrote:
>>
>>> 2) The call is never placed for what ever reason.
>>
>>The pipeline never tries to initiate the 2nd channel...
>
>Thanks for the extra info. I came to this same conslusion from looking at
>my logs.
>
>Does Ascend have plans to fix this problem? Or is the general solution to
>wait for BACP to become more prevalent?

I don't see the problem. We came up with a protocol that works called MP+.
It's an RFC. The IETF came out with a similar standards track RFC called
BACP which is in every major product (about 70 routers and TA's) except
Livingston.

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com