Re: (ASCEND) Inter operability & BACP,DBA,BOD et. al. (fwd)

Once upon a time Matt Holdrege shaped the electrons to say...
>I don't see the problem. We came up with a protocol that works called MP+.
>It's an RFC. The IETF came out with a similar standards track RFC called
>BACP which is in every major product (about 70 routers and TA's) except
>Livingston.

And it is needless overhead since it is hard to have a simple setting that
says "oh, bring up the second channel if the traffic reaches level X".

Yes, I think we should do BACP too.  But I think it is wasteful for most
applications.

And, to be fair, MP+ is an Informational RFC, not a standard.  Anyone can
write an informational RFC.  I could write on to describe the high-water
mark system, but I think that would be silly.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588