(ASCEND) slow connect rates and ..

I figured out how to make 56k modems work in my own exchange but I
am still having trouble with 56k modem out of my exchange.. Customers
still get ASCII characters in their post dial-up terminal
screen...Ans some just connect at 26.4 or 28.8 with 56k modems..

Fixed the problem in the exchange with padding on the digital truck..
Now looking for a fix for customers out of our exchange..

Has anyone messed with the MDM Trn Level?? Could it help?? Why does
the max Baud Rate in the Tserv section of the Ethernet ModConfig only
go up to 33600???

Is there a problem other than Radius with 5.0Ap20??  I know I have been getting
strange complaints that customers have to dial 3 to 4 times to
connect or stay connected, these are from people who have 28.8
modem.. That connected fine with the old V.34 modems in the Max

I am using a Max 4000 with 8x6 56K modems with 5.0Ap20

Thanks,

Phil Maag
Internet Director
Q1.Net