Re: (ASCEND) Aptiva 28.8 NO GO

andy wrote:

> Ahhh, someone having an IBM problem? A customer of ours bought an Acer
> computer with a modem which we have tracked down to be an IBM Wave
> something. It refuses to make a decent connection. Is this the same IBM
> that you are refering to, and what do you mean call X2? Does USR make IBm
> modems??
>
> Andy

No- I have no idea why IBM uses USR's test line to verify
Aptiva modems. We're also familiar with the Acer problem-
we have 10+ users with these damned things and they have NEVER
been able to connect at more than 14.4, although the MWAVE
modem says it's a 28.8......

'Shot

--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)