Re: (ASCEND) Aptiva 28.8 NO GO

Dale Botkin wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:
>
> >  Don't they use some sort of WINMODEM? Man between Packard Hell and IBM
> > these chip ass modems suck.
>
> They use the same DSP for the modem and sound card.  Unfortunately, the
> software development seems to lag the real world by a year or two (or
> three).  And don't forget Compaq now...  Lucent-based "56K upgradeable"
> modems in their new ones that ***WILL NOT*** connect to a Max, and no one
> at Compaq has the SLIGHTEST clue whether their head or their ass is on the
> phone.  To quote a good friend of mine...
>
> "These guys couldn't catch a clue if they were covered in clue musk, doing
> the clue mating dance in the middle of a herd of horny clues!"
>
> Can you tell I've had just ONE too many "why does my Sportster keep
> getting disconnected, you guys suck" email tonight?
>
>                 Dale

No kidding. I was really shocked at the IBM tech support weasels
using USRs lie-lie-lie line to verify correct operation.

On another issue- anyone ELSE considering dropping Win3.1
support completely? We're considering it.....

'Shot

PS We're also thinking about RCF'ing a Packard Bell Exclusive
Tech Support line to Dial-A-Prayer, but maybe we need to
sleep on it. Or maybe just sleep.

--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)
<http://www.gloryroad.net>