Re: (ASCEND) Zoom 1.002A code

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, David Lesher wrote:

> YOU happen to have reasonable tariffs.
>
> People from Virginia to Maine get an telco whose spokesperson
> is Darth Vader.

No kidding.  Try getting anything done in U S Worst territory, ESPECIALLY
in a state where the PSC has absolutely no authority to do anything to
anyone for any reason.  You can file all the complaints you want in
Nebraska...  but all it does is get you phone calls from apologetic
mouthpieces who try to make USW look good without actually **DOING**
anything.

At the same time, we get USW selling cable modem service...  and, what a
coincidence!!!  In the very same neighborhoods where they're selling cable
modems, no one is able to get anything above 28.8K, even with a K56flex
modem.  No matter what.  One of those things that makes you go hmmmmm,
isn't it?

		Dale