Re: (ASCEND) connection dies with MAX4060...

Paul Rhodes wrote:

> Recently got a MAX4060 with 4x16 K56Flex modem cards in. However, we are having quite a few problems with them.....
>
>    1. Often the MAX4060 will not negotiate a DUN PPP connection on the first
>       attempt. This is fairly strange because the machine is running an
>       equivalent config to our old 4002 which works fine (running 5.0Ap4)

     Try this : Ethernet - Tserv - Modem Modulation=v.34.

>    2. When a connection is made, you will ocassionally have a dead period of
>       your connection, where no data with flow in either direction along the
>       PPP link. The connection will not break, and if you hang around for
>       2-3 minutes, normal transmission will resume again.

     Answer - Encaps - TCP-Clear=yes

--

It's easier to make a working system efficient than
to make an efficient system work.

K.R.Kumar                   email:krkumar@pacific.net.sg
Pacific Internet Pte Ltd.,  Phone:872 0322
89 Science Park Drive       Fax  :773 6812
#04-09 / 12 The Rutherford,
Singapore Science Park,
Singapore - 118261.