Re: (ASCEND) Max4000 & WINS

WINS is only used by "Microsoft Networking" applications like Network
Neighborhood browsing and CIFS file service. Straight TCP/IP applications
like ping, telnet, ftp, etc. do not query WINS for addresses.

Assigning WINS from the Max works fine for me. (I'm currently on 5.0Ap20
but it worked with earlier versions too.)