(ASCEND) NT DMS-10

From: Tom Gwilt <tomgwilt@suite224.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 07:30:13 -0400
Subject: Re: (ASCEND) DMS-10 digital trunks

Erich A. Stick wrote:
>=20
> Any one have any experience with T1 voice trunks from a DMS-10 and
> MAX4000s? All my trunks to date have been PRI and no problems.  This T1
> voice trunking stuff seems to be way beyond the Ascend support group's
> ability.  I even had the switch manufacturer dig into the switch to >verify the switch programming.
>
> I heard about a phone company that bought an Ascend to plug into their
> DMS-10 ... an Ascend field service rep had to visit the site for > several hours to make the proper adjustments to the MAX.

We are a small (7500 access lines) telco using a DMS 10 and Ascend
products. In 2 years there have been no problems, with the exception of
getting the K56flex protocol to work. We use both D4 and ESF, with AMI
encoding.

Tom Gwilt <tomgwilt@suite224.net>

As Tom notes, it works fine. As a piece of history, the DMS-10 group at
NT used the MAX4000 as the platform to introduce the "internet access"
package to hundreds of telco's around the country a couple of years ago.
The kit consisted of a MAX4000 DMS-10, and a NT Frame Relay switch with
a link back to NT's network for internet access.

Some confusion by tech's is often the case in all switches, but if you
get to the right group at NT, or users of the MAX/DMS-10 group as Tom
is, the integration is solved in a minute or so.

Also for the record, the DMS-10 T1 card uses D3 framing, unless it has
been rev'ed - a pre-D4 type of frame, that can be used with the Ascend
D4 setting.