(ASCEND) 5.1 NAT Problems?

I may have my equipment missconfigured, but so far it can talk with the
outside world albeit poorly.

Here's my config. Pipeline 75 rev b, 5.1 software. NAT single IP,
everything seems to work, just rather slowly. Ping times to my ISP's
servers, before (5.0B) it was around 34-40ms now anywhere from 200-900ms!!

So I open up a sniffer to see whats up. Much to my suprise 25-50% of the
packets are undersized and therefore get dropped! That is significant. I
get no other errors other, just undersized packets.

Any suggestions?

  cwd                 ; "Do or do not. There is
  xor     ax,dx       ;  no try." Yoda
  sub     ax,dx       ;
  mov     Power,ax    ;  plexus@seanet.com