Re: (ASCEND) DOVBS?

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Matt Holdrege wrote:

> At 12:47 PM 9/10/97 -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:
> > Ok, I'm trying to implement data-over-voice, I have 4 pri's in one
> >hunt group, I have recieved my MSN# for that hunt group and done
> >the following configuration changes in my Max.
> >
> >        entered 7138 in the /ethernet/modconfig/wan options/Ans 1#
> >        and
> >        9711 in the /<modem slot>/modconfig/Ans 1# .....
> >
> >9711 is the orginal hunt group for both ISDN and Analog callers. Here is
> >my question, If I implement 9711 in modemconfig/Ans 1# will the Max 4xxx
> >still terminate digital calls on that 9711 number? Or will digital only
> >be permitted on 7138?
> >
> >It seems that the Max will not terminate digital calls on the number
> >determined in /modemconfig/. So who can I tell the max to terminate both
> >analog and digital calls on 9711 and only digital on 7138?
>
> To understand how DOVBS works, you need to understand how ISDN works. Each
> ISDN call is flagged as Circuit switched data or circuit switched voice.
> The Max detects this flag and routes the call to the modem (voice) or
> ethernet (data).

Matt, Thanx for the ISDN 101 class, But I already understand how ISDN
works, Hell I should hope considering I do run all of Internet access here
I'm trying to predict the behavior of the MAX under certain
configuration settings. As we both know the Max doesn't always perform
as spec'd out in the RUBB. (Really Useless Big Book)

It should be quite easy to get the Max to do the particular call routing
that I am looking for,

Have the max call route on a special treament basis, If the incomming
call doesn't match the flag set (the second MSN#). Then treat it as
an ordinary call. If it does match the rule set, Then port it directly to
the HDLC call.

> Now with DOVBS, the call comes in as voice so you must use another routing
> method other than the CSD flag. So you match the dialed number string to
> route the DOVBS call to the Ethernet.. If you do this, you obviously cannot
> use one number for voice and data calls.
>
> Comprende?

hmmm... wtf?

> Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com

Jason Nealis