Re: (ASCEND) DOVBS?

At 05:15 PM 9/10/97 -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:
>Matt, Thanx for the ISDN 101 class, But I already understand how ISDN
>works, Hell I should hope considering I do run all of Internet access here
>I'm trying to predict the behavior of the MAX under certain
>configuration settings. As we both know the Max doesn't always perform
>as spec'd out in the RUBB. (Really Useless Big Book)
>
>It should be quite easy to get the Max to do the particular call routing
>that I am looking for,
>
>Have the max call route on a special treament basis, If the incomming
>call doesn't match the flag set (the second MSN#). Then treat it as
>an ordinary call. If it does match the rule set, Then port it directly to
>the HDLC call.

If I understand you, that is exactly how the max works today and has always
worked even back to the old Video Imux days. This is also in the manual.

If you put 1000 in the Wan answer profile, any call to xxx-1000 will get
routed to HDLC. If the call doesn't match 1000, then the CSV or CSD flag
takes precedence and determines routing.

Maybe I'm missing what you're driving at?

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com