RE: (ASCEND) Re: Known Bug Tracking

At 05:59 AM 9/11/97 PDT, Ross, Philip wrote:

>This indeed seems like a retrograde step. We explicitly chose to
>purchase Ascend kit because of the technical data/help available on the
>web site, as well as being able to download new software releases.
>Initially we selected a solution from a so called 'preferred supplier',
>however the  limited self support caused us to reject their kit in
>favour of the more expensive (albeit with more features) remote access
>solution using Ascend.
>
>I can understand the need, perhaps, to restrict access to some data
>unless you own the product, however the necessary 'password' should be
>made available when registering ownership of particular hardware.

I agree that this seems like a reasonable approach. Currently we have nothing
available. The NEXT STEP was to beta-test *HOW* to provide the information.
We figured we could best do that under close control by requiring a support
contract, and including the password with the contract. As we get closer to
the actual implementation, I'm sure that something like your suggestion will
be SERIOUSLY considered.

Kevin