RE: (ASCEND) Re: Known Bug Tracking

This indeed seems like a retrograde step. We explicitly chose to
purchase Ascend kit because of the technical data/help available on the
web site, as well as being able to download new software releases.
Initially we selected a solution from a so called 'preferred supplier',
however the  limited self support caused us to reject their kit in
favour of the more expensive (albeit with more features) remote access
solution using Ascend.

I can understand the need, perhaps, to restrict access to some data
unless you own the product, however the necessary 'password' should be
made available when registering ownership of particular hardware.

philip ross
technical support
Xerox