Re: (ASCEND) 5.0ap24

At 12:38 PM 9/11/97 +1200, Josh Bailey wrote:

>Kevin,
>
>On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Kevin Smith wrote:
>
>> FATAL ERROR:  Index: 1  Load: tik.m40 Revision: 5.0Ap18
>>         Date: 08/12/1997.       Time: 16:19:20
>>         Location: b0232f88 b02101b8 b021158c b007a358 00000000 00000000
>
>I'm certain that means something to a developer :), but the question I was
>asking was, WHAT CAUSED IT, SO I CAN AVOID IT?

I understand that it was the TCP-CLEAR bug that has been mentioned here
before.

I did ask engineering in the end just to satisfy my curiosity, but bear in
mind
that you were asking "ascend-users" the question, not Ascend's official
Support
channel.

#1 I'm not support, I actually belong to Marketing's head-count ;)
#2 As I said above, you did NOT ask support the question, you were asking
   ascend-users. We do have a full support organization that would answer
   such questions if addressed to them.
[#3 We like working in the dark, since we all have pale-complexions ;)]

#1 We will have something more *WHEN* we get the WWW site up and running as
   I had stated.
#2 Ask support and they would be able to track it down for you.

>Have a look at Cisco's bug navigator - that's the kind of detail we're
>after.

I will, thanks.

>I don't understand why it is so difficult not to put more detail in the
>plain old release notes. I understand you're putting a web site up, but I
>still don't understand why the release notes are so difficult to keep up
>to date.

I'll ask others to answer for that area.

Kevin