Re: (ASCEND) 56k on DMS 10

You have different ways to apply padding to a trunk on a DMS-10.  DIOD on
the TGDP field in an outgoing trunk applies a 4dB pad trunk to trunk.  All
of the other options leave the trunk to trunk pad at 0 while adding padding
from line to trunk.  Without this field set as DIOD it seems as if the
trunks were coming in "too hot" and were not able to establish a 56flex
connections.  We had to force our flex modems to run at v.34 by using the
init string &f &c1 &d2 +ms=11,1 in order to make them connect at all before
making this change.  The tech that I was working with at Ascend could dial
in from California and get a flex connection however.  The toll trunks that
he was coming across had some padding added.  After we changed the TGDP
field to DIOD we immediately took out the extra string and are connecting
between 38000 and 42000.  I think this is about all we can expect out of a
channelized T1 because of the 8kb of overhead in each channel.  The 46000's
and 48000's that I have seen people talking about are coming from PRI
trunks which don't have these overheads.  If anyone is getting faster
connections through channelized T1 I'd love to know about it.
This is the way the trunks are setup in our DMS-10
TYP	TG
NUM	#
TGTP	OUT
SIGT	INB