Re: (ASCEND) USR Courier "Dual Standard" with K56 Max

Yes it turns off V.42 and proceeds with LAPM.  Early on many modem
manufacturers got V.42 wrong including all USR before (and maybe since) Jan
1996 - USR was giving out free replacements through the middle of last
year.

While connection problems have always been more common with our Ascend Max
TNT server than our USR servers, the problem became even worse with the new
K56 modem cards.  (But to be fair, some customers who previously had
problem had them suddenly disappear.)  I don't think Ascend has any errors
in the V.42 but it is very finicky about how other modems implemented it.

--Tony