(ASCEND) Two Max Junction + Radius failure

We have two problems -- although I submitted them to the Ascend support
group two weeks ago, we haven't had any followup.  They don't seem too
complicated:

1. We have two routers, and would like to set up the remote profiles so
they can all dial a single number for isdn service.  The lines automatically
hunt to the next router -- but how do you set up a remote profile for a P50,
for example, so it can router through either box?  Right now we have a
static default route in each remote profile, so if it dials up a router
other than the one its set up for, the connection doesn't work.   We'd
also like to try multi-chassis bonding, but it doesn't make any sense
until we get this to work.  We're working with Max 1800's, and the Ascend
engineer assured me it was possible to do this before we bought the second
unit.  But it appears that they don't know how.

2. We have been trying to migrate from local profiles to radius, but while
the local profiles work reliably, the radius profiles don't.  For no
apparent reason, the radius profiles simply stop being recognized -- attempts
to start a connection to remote routers authenticated by radius fail.  Neither
the "update configuration" feature, restarting the router -- or, for that
matter, disabling and then re-enabling radius authentication work reliably
to fix it.  So we're still stuck running local profiles.  Again, we have
received no response from Ascend on this matter after two weeks.

So I hope somebody from this list will have more insight than the Ascend
engineers.

Thanks.
Mike Berger
Shouting Ground Technologies, Inc.