(ASCEND) Farallon Netopia router/TNT incompatibility resolution

Several weeks ago I posted that we had found an incompatibility between
Farallon's Netopia routers and Mac TNTs that caused throughput to drop off
drastically or fail completely. This problem doesn't affect Farallon's
terminal adapters, nor does it occur with Max 4000s.

Farallon has located the problem, which relates to compression, and has
released a firmware update, 3.1.3, that addresses the issue.

The update is available at:

http://www.farallon.com/product/netopia/dialup/netrupd.html

If you have had to disable compression to allow Netopia routers to connect
reliably to your TNTs, this should enable you to turn it back on.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/