Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 75 Questions

At 01:39 PM 9/23/97 -0500, Derek J. Stutsman wrote:
>I am running my Pipeline 75 using NAT (firmware 5.1a) and I am having the
>following difficulty:

Does the P75 have a small black slide-switch on the back ? (If no, it's the
new model, and CID *should* work...).

>1.  Nothing resolves in the terminal server, DNS-wise.  I am unable to ping
>or traceroute.  I am certain this is a configuration issue on my end, but I
>am clueless as to what it is.  I've tried setting the DNS servers for both
>the connection and the Ethernet menu to those of my ISP...no good.

When configured for NAT, I believe this is normal behavior from the terminal
server...I seem to recall reading this somewhere in the release notes. I'll
find that out and forward it to the list. DNS from any host being NAT'd should
still work just fine (mine does ;). I'm not sure if traceroute from 'behind'
the P75/NAT would work.....does NAT have any effect on it....?

>2.  Caller ID is not working.  I bought a cheap $20 CID box and it appeared
>to work, so I decided to go the whole 9 yards and get a new phone with CID
>built in.  (Sony SPP-ID910.)  CID is not working on the phone, but it
>doesn't appear to be a phone problem...is there anything funky about the
>CID the pipeline produces Vs the CID a normal POTS line would produce?  Is
>there something I need to set?

The "cheap" CID box worked, but the Phone does not ? That's curious, and I
would
recommend giving the details of both boxes to tech-support, so that they can
do some investigation.

There is a parameter to dis-able the feature, which I think is set to
"enabled"
or "yes" (whatever it is ;) by default. [Sorry my p75 is at home, I'm not].

Kevin