Re: (ASCEND) DOVBS with P75 running 5.1A

At 12:09 PM 9/15/97 -0400, Jim Howard wrote:
>At 14:10 09/12/1997 -0400, David Lesher wrote:
>>This qualifies for my "HOW STUPID....." award of the month.
>>
>>You should be able to choose POTS ports vs DOVBS on incoming
>>call handling.
>
>on my old p25 classic, under 4.6c, I can set:
>   Data Usage=A+B
>   Phone 1 Usage=None
>   Phone 2 Usage=None
>   Phone Num Binding=No
>
>to get exactly the function that seems to be desired,
>calls to either number are answered as DATA,
>POTS ports are disabled.
>
>Somehow this functionality never made it the p75????

This *IS* exactly how you can use DOVBS on the P75. Sorry, my bad for
not following up sooner.

The new parameter "answer voice calls" simply stops the P75/50/etc from
answering any voice calls. When set to YES, then the P75 can be made
to answer on the POTS ports - per the default settings, OR as DOVBS calls
by using the settings as described above by Jim. The P50 has no POTS, so
it automatically answers as DOVBS when set to YES - as with the P130....

Am I forgiven ? [Do I get to keep the "HOW STUPID..." award ? ]

Kevin