Re: (ASCEND) DOVBS with P75 running 5.1A

> >on my old p25 classic, under 4.6c, I can set:
> >   Data Usage=A+B
> >   Phone 1 Usage=None
> >   Phone 2 Usage=None
> >   Phone Num Binding=No
>
> This *IS* exactly how you can use DOVBS on the P75. Sorry, my bad for
> not following up sooner.

When I tried this on my P75 and I call one of my POTS numbers, it rings and
rings and rings and does not get answered by the P75. The Ascend technical
support person with whom I spoke this morning (Derrick) said that in order to
get the above behavior, I'd have to load the P75 with P50 software (b.p50)
and then the box would answer all voice calls as DOVBS.

Ideally, what I'd like to see the P75 be able to do is have a setting that
would direct one or both of the directory numbers to be answered by the P75
as DOVBS yet still have access to the POTS lines for outgoing calls. (I don't
care about incoming voice calls for the POTS ports, but I still like being
able to dial out from them.)

--Marc

--
Marc Shannon                                  +1 626 919 3600
Innosoft International, Inc.             FAX: +1 626 919 3614