Re: (ASCEND) Max 4000 & P50

On Tue, Sep 23, 1997 at 02:55:50PM -0700, Peter Tran wrote:

> Do the Max 4000 & the Pipeline P50 support 128 kb leased line?

Sort of. The problem is at the P50.

1) The P50 has no Leased/Leased setting until now. Current status is that
   the feature may appear in Oct97. We need it strong, so we are quite
   on the edge here ;)
   This makes use of the obvious MPP bundling impossible.

2) SuperDig128
   The P50 has SuperDig128, a very mystical feature that is "only available
   in Japan". Of cause this is Zen. Actually SuperDig128 seems to be a
   straight B1B2B1B2 low level bundling in the S0 frames. This makes it
   very easy to handle and performant but also very sensitive to any kind
   of asynchronity in the two B channels of such leased lines. Result:
   a) It works perfectly with our selfmade lines in lab
   b) It doesn't work with the lines provided by our telco (German Telekom).

BTW, you either need to plug a BRI board into the 4000 or get a telco who
can crank 2 B's out of a E1/T1 and plug the line there.

Conclusion: wait for 1 if you don't have the time to tinker with 2...

> If they do, what software rev do I need for the Max & the P50.

2 is available a long time (4.6something ?). So nothing special here.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |