Re: (ASCEND) Booting Users via SNMP

I was specifically told by the folks at Ascend that while DoHangup is still
in the documentation it is not available and has been dropped (stupid
fscking ascend, getting rid of actually usefull stuff, go figure). If you
figure it out let me know :)

On Fri, Sep 26, 1997 at 06:49:48PM -0500, Eric Reeves made some electrons appear in the following form:
> Having some problems getting a script of mine to boot users via SNMP.  The
> newest session.mib tells me to set ssnStatusValidFlag to 2 to boot, but
> that seems to be a read-only variable.  <at least my script is telling me
> that's why it can't write to it>.  Tried to play a little bit with
> DoHangUp, but unsure exactly how that group works.  <if DoHangUp is what I
> must use, how do I specify who to hangup?  what index does it use, and
> where do I specify it?>
>
> I've gotten so far, and am getting hung up on this.  Very frustrating.
> At some point, I might be releasing this script to the public, but for
> now, it's only for internal use.  (plus I'd be embarrased, as my code is
> sloppy, and alot of it is borrowed from another script) .  (=
>
> Thanks in advance.

and the Number 1 Sign You've Hired the Wrong Clown for Your Child's Party...

      All the balloon animals are ribbed and lubricated.