Re: (ASCEND) Re: Uptime?

        Dave Carrigan wrote:

> Actually, "show uptime" isn't even supported on 4.6B. How do I know?
> I've got a MAX right now running 4.6Bp1. I'm pretty sure that it's got
> a really long uptime, but I can't seem to find an uptime displayed
> anywhere in the maze of twisty little menus, all alike. Nor could I
> find the uptime via a SNMP query.

        Try looking in the following (default RFC-type) tree, rather
        than Ascend's private tree:

    iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysUpTime(3)

        This is in RFC-1213, and it is called "SysUpTime.0" within
        the "SystemInfo" table.

        As far as I know, anyone claiming to have any sort of SNMP
        support uses this RFC, so I would expect that even an
        SMNP-manageable toaster would support this.

        OF course, "SysUpTime" should not be confused with the element
        "ToastPoppedUpTime", which would be in the toaster vendor's
        private mib tree.   ;-)

          C:\unix         C:\unix\run           ..\RUN\unix\RUN

james fischer                                jfischer@supercollider.com