(ASCEND) FTP problem - Please help

Greetings List,

I am having a problem that I hope some of you experienced Ascend users can
help me out with.  BTW, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I am running an Ascend MAX 4004 with 5 V.34 modem cards and a NET/BRI
card. I am running firmware version 5.0Ap1.  If this syntax is
incorrect, I'm sorry.  I didn't set this machine up originally, but now
I am trying to catch up.  In the Sys Options screen it reads +5.0Ap1+.

Anyway, when I try to FTP to our local web server, everything goes very
smooth until an ASCII data mode connection is attempted for /bin/ls.
After that, nothing happens.  The connection comes up fine when I dial
into an NT RAS server located on the same network.

Do any of the support staff have ANY idea where I should start looking
for an answer.   I have compared settings on similar systems and
basically the only difference I see is software version numbers.
+5.0Ap16+ vs. +5.0Ap1+ The Ap1 is the one that doesn't work.

This issue is very important.  We want to move all of our dial-up
service to Ascend products (about 4 additional units) but this problem
needs to be resolved in order for it to be feasible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason W. Maxwell
Viconet Internet Services
Systems Administrator