Re: (ASCEND) ISP Assigned IP Address, can I use NAT for that??

At 17:33 1998/08/03 -0700, John Cain wrote:
>If my ISP assigns me one single IP address.  Can I use my Pipeline 75,
>and use NAT to translate that fixed IP address to my Pcs behind the
>P75??

If it is working for you now, and the only change will be that
you get the same static IP address every time you connect,
then it will continue to work because the P75 will not
know or care that you have a static address.

You can also set Ethernet->Nat->Nat->Reuse last addr=Yes
and                                  Reuse addr timeout=0

which will keep your TCP sessions from closing automaticly whenever
your link goes down (since you know you'll get the same address)

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D