Re: (ASCEND) ISP Assigned IP Address, can I use NAT for that??

At 05:33 PM 8/3/98 -0700, John Cain wrote:
>If my ISP assigns me one single IP address.  Can I use my Pipeline 75,
>and use NAT to translate that fixed IP address to my Pcs behind the
>P75??
>
>This would be like what I am doing now with one dynamically assigned
>IP address, then I use NAT to translate it out to the PCs behind the
>P75..
>
>If this is possible, what would be different about my set-up??  Where
>exactly would I put the Fixed IP address??

Sure it's possible.  just set it to use Single-IP nat, and set the default
server to the machine you want that static IP mapped to.

suggestion:  use a pipeline software load that has the NAT bugfix.  Either
6.0.9, or 6.1.5 should do nicely.
---
kevin

ISDN/Commercial Support Dept                 kevin.b@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                         [Quake is law]