(ASCEND) Release - patch & incremental versions agains ??

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:06:00 -0500 (CDT), Rob Myers wrote:

>I third that motion.  I have been waiting for-ever for a 'stable release'
>to come out.  I've even heard from a couple of Ascend engineers to tell me
>to hold off.
>
>Version 6.1.3 was released on June 25th (last modified date on their FTP
>server), about 5 weeks ago.  6.1.0 came out May 31.  That means we've been
>waiting for over -2 months- for a stable release of code that we can offer
>v.90 to our customers on.
>
>What's the deal here???????

With all the bitching, etc which has been going on recently, maybe,
just maybe Ascend should consider going back to the patch and
incremental version idea ??

Alternatively, maybe the current paln of things should be let known
to this list ??

I have been 6.1.3 since shortly after it came out and am basically
happy with it.

With mich thanks to Dean Frye from apac.support we have narrowed down
the problem I was experiencing (At least I hope we have ;-)

Ok, I severely restrict telnet sessions to my boxes and my problems
have gone.... I dare say there might be a TR#### somewhere on the
problem as I have seen similar (I think) mentioned here....

But hey Ascend, let us know, split the trees or let us know the
intentions......

One other thing I must say.... I thankfull that I did choose Ascend
over other gear here available in Australia at the time I chose
Ascend, it managed to keep my operation in front of my competitors
and help me turn a profit... what more can be said....

Gary
CairnsNet.