Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4046 FATAL ERROR

> ... the box is resetting at irregular intervals with this error in the
> fatal-history:
>
> FATAL ERROR:  Index: 29  Load: febak.m40 Revision: 6.1.3
>         Date: 08/06/1998.       Time: 12:04:58
>         Location: b027d610 b00685e8 b008635c b0085d9c b008cd24 b0088b80
> Anyone can help me to resolve this problem?

You need to contact Ascend - they are the only people who can help you
resolve this problem.

You need to send the FATAL ERROR information to Ascend customer service.
If you want to minimize the hassles, then I would recommend you send the
it via e-mail to support@ascend.com.

Make sure you include your model number, part number, and serial number
for the MAX.  You can get these off the equipment.

You will then receive an email response indicating the ticket response
number assigned to your issue.  When you get back your ticket number,
which means that the information is now on hand with customer service,
call them at (800) 272-3634 between 6:00am and 6:00pm PST.  Make sure
you have your ticket number when you call.

If you don't get an email response within an hour - resend the message.
The response is automated and unless there are equipment or network
problems you should have a response in less than five minutes.

This reduces the number of exchanges you need to go through with them
and so reduces the time you have spend on the problem - which for busy
people is an important consideration.

Make sure you follow up.  If the problem is determined to be a bug, then
make sure the technician gives you the "TR" number that was assigned.
The "TR" number is not the same as your ticket number.

If you don't have the "TR" number, then you won't know what to watch for
in the release notes to see if your problem was solved.