Re: (ASCEND) Max 4000 and BGP4 routing

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:07:49 +0300 (GMT-3), Mauricio Teixeira wrote:

>Hi!
>
>	Is there a way to make my Max 4000 support BGP4 routing?

>Mauricio Teixeira - Amazonline Internet Provider - Belem/PA/Brazil
>mauricio@amazonline.com.br - badman@brasnet.org
>http://www.mauricioteixeira.eti.br (soon!)

Dont even think about it.

Actually, considering all, I must congratulate Ascend for NOT
considering BGP4 for the MAX's.

The Max's are designed for NAS (or RAS), not really for a core or
boundary router.

Want a cheap router to handle BGP4..... build it !!

Linux or my preference FreeBSD.

Struth, I just got a horrible thought... could you imagine M$ trying
to get NT to do BGP4 ??? ;-)

Gary