(ASCEND) Lost Pipeline Route?

I have a dedicated customer connecting via a Pipeline (b2.p75 5.1A) and
for some reason, occasionally his NT server and my mailserver don't talk.

Now, resetting his pipeline and then toggling his static route on and off
on my Max 4002 (tim.m40 5.0Ap51) it works again.

Then, for whatever reason, after awhile he can't pick up e-mail.  When
this happens, it also begins to take nearly forever for him to load
webpages (and for me to load the webpage off his NT server -- it hangs for
a long time on the "Host contacted -- waiting for reply" status).

When I'm telnetted in, it shows only a 2% usage, so I don't think it's
that his bandwidth is compromised.  I don't want to tell him to reset his
NT server (although I'd planned on stopping by his site on my way home to
do just that and check his routes and stuff).  But before I went over, I
reset the router (because I can telnet in and do that without having to
walk Mr. Clueless through anything).

- J-Mag Guthrie

| The only function of | Brokersys                 | Talk sense   |
| economic forcasting  | 12703 Vets Memorial, #106 | to a fool    |
| is to make astrology | Houston, TX 77014         | and he calls |
| look respectable.    | +1-281-895-8101 (voice)   | you foolish. |
|                      | +1-281-895-8109 (fax)     |              |
|  - John K. Galbraith | http://www.brokersys.com/ | - Euripides  |