Re: (ASCEND) P50 w/dynamic IP

At 02:04 PM 8/11/98 , Steve Ames wrote:

>One of my customers has a P75. They are dialing into our MAX 4000. We
>wanted to assign them a dynamic IP everytime they connect but are not
>sure of the correct configuration. Just leaving the IP address to 0.0.0.0
>doesn't seem to do it. It connects and then drops. Put an IP address in
>there and suddenly all works great.*sigh* Help????

Put an IP address where?  Like assign him a static IP from the server?  To
get the pipeline to work with a dynamic IP, you'll have to enable/configure
NAT.  The only thing you really need to do is enable NAT, then set the NAT
Profile to the name of the connection profile.  See the link below for
step-by-step setup.

http://www.ascend.com/895.html
---
kevin

ISDN/Commercial Support Dept                 kevin.b@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                         [Quake is law]