Re: (ASCEND) V.90 and older modems/X2/K56flex issues

We upgraded to 6.1.3 and have had pretty good results.  We had some modems
that would not connect at all-(Namely the Diamond SupraMax) after the
upgrade.  These modems had been working fine with 56flex.  We used the
+ms=k56 setting to force them back to 56flex and then they worked as normal.
Personally my connects using a Zoom and Supra went up an average of 4000K
using v.90.  A few customers are still having problems getting their v.90
modems to connect, especially from areas served by EAS.  From my home, which
is EAS to our pop I connect maybe 1 out of 3 times with my Diamond 56 using
v.90 but when I do get the connection it is quick and reliable.  If
customers have these kinds of problems we use the setting +ms=11 to force
them back to v.34 and get reliable connections until we figure out why they
can't get connected every time.

Note:  We are using channelized T1's on 3 4048 boxes and are doing only
dial-up, no ISDN or anything special.

Greg Hale
Logan Telephone Cooperative