Re: (ASCEND) Diamond shotgun modem - 112K

At 10:28 PM 8/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have been inquiries about the Diamond Shotgun modem that uses dual 56K
v.90 modems. I am using access control with one "Default" user to
authenticate using the NT user database. I understand that the user has to
dial in with one user name.

>Has anyone configured a MAX to run with the new Diamond shotgun modem. If
so, what is the set up?

 We haven't done anything special and we support ShotGun Modems on our
4048.  You had to have Release 6.x or greater, and have max channels =2  &
MP/MPP=Yes in the Max Settings, our Authentication is done on a Linux
Platform  - rather than NT, and we have no particular settings that don't
allow dual login, just it gets noted in their user logs, and they do login
with the same name twice automatically.  Same thing is done for Dual
Channel ISDN customers using MP or MPP..

  Diamond actually sent one of the units to us for free, as part of their
program, and my night tech support person is using it from his home and is
VERY Happy with the modem and it's capabilities.

***** Top Net InterNet Services *****
Omaha, Nebraska         Husker Heaven
www.top.net            (402) 291-1542
 Visit Our BBS at: www.hawgwild.com