(ASCEND) Compaq's w/Rockwell 56k HCF modems

Just wanted to pass this along.
Conditions were 14.4K connect at a 56K Max or 33.6 at a v.34 Max:

> I downloaded and installed the "softpaq"upgrade for the compaq in my office
> it will now connect at 48k in Martinsburg and 50k in Morgantown. If you get
> a call and they are using a compaq with the Rockwell 56k HCF modem and cant
> connect or only connect around 12k they will need to download and install
> this "softpaq" upgrade for there computer. I reccomend that they contact
> compaq @ 1-800-OK-COMPAQ before doing this. If they can get online the URL is:
>
> http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/softpaq/pages/sp7953.html
>
> This site list the models affected and they can get the upgrade and
> instructions here.
> They must make sure their computer is listed or they may completely "whack"
> the system. Once again call compaq first.

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (304) 594-9075 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505