RE: (ASCEND) Diamond shotgun modem - 112K

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Todd A. Blank wrote:

> I am working with the multitech people for a similar product dialing
> into my TNT.  I am using the following RADIUS profile in Ascend Access
> Control:
>
> user_ID         Authentication-Type = Unix-PW
>                 Service-Type = Framed,
>                 Framed-Protocol = MP,
>                 Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable = 3
>                 Framed-Routing = None,
>                 Ascend-Maximum-Time = 18000,
>                 Ascend-Idle-Limit = 900,
>                 Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
>                 Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 3

Our radius is heavily modified, and we do our password authentication in
Linux so our answer may not work for you.

> I have two scenarios;  1)  I have a bunch of corporate users that would
> like to pay for multiple accounts but use the same login name and
> password for all of them, and 2)  I have a bunch of these Diamond and
> Multitech "Modem Bonding" pieces popping up everywhere.  I would like to
> know the proper profiles for AAC to handle both scenarios without
> opening the box up to multiple logins for everyone.

We handle this by having different profiles for different types of
accounts.  Our basic account is the PPP profile, with shotgun and 128k
ISDN having PPP2 as their profile.  We also have specific profiles for
multi-logon businesses that have the maximum channels set to whatever
their max login count is.

PPP 	User-Password = "UNIX"
	Service-Type = Framed,
	Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 0,
	Framed-Protocol = PPP,
	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
	Framed-Routing = None,
	Framed-MTU = 1500,
	Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

PPP2 	User-Password = "UNIX"
	Service-Type = Framed,
	Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 0,
	Framed-Protocol = PPP,
	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
	Framed-Routing = None,
	Framed-MTU = 1500,
	Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
	Ascend-Maximum-Channels	= 2

- J-Mag Guthrie

| The only function of | Brokersys                 | Talk sense   |
| economic forcasting  | 12703 Vets Memorial, #106 | to a fool    |
| is to make astrology | Houston, TX 77014         | and he calls |
| look respectable.    | +1-281-895-8101 (voice)   | you foolish. |
|                      | +1-281-895-8109 (fax)     |              |
|  - John K. Galbraith | http://www.brokersys.com/ | - Euripides  |