Re: (ASCEND) ISDN Disconnects

John Coy (anc.net) wrote:

> I may be wrong here, but I thought a LONG time ago, Ascend
> re-defined the "Idle" value of 0 to mean zero seconds?
> It *used* to mean no idle back in the 4.6Cxxx firmware days
> but they switched gears mid-stream.

IIRC, that was not a redesign, but an ungodly abberation that escaped in
4.6B (and IIRC was corrected in 4.6Bi3 - a damn fine release, doubly so
for an "i").  The symptom on Permanent/Switched calls was that the
session was cleared but the ISDN call stayed up showing 0 channels and
0k - I figure we were not the only ones to lose hair over that one!

> If anything else, just try setting it to something like 64000
> to see if that helps.

Certainly, it can't hurt for testing.  I sure hope that bug hasn't crept
back in!

> At 01:58 PM 8/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >I am having problems with disconnects on ISDN calls (Max4004 +6.0.8+).
> >Cause code seems to be 100 but Idle in Answer is set to  =0.

Is that the ISDN Cause Code or the Ascend Disconnect Cause Code?

Regards,
Neale.