Re: (ASCEND) NAT

NAT OVERFLOW

My belief id that the arp table is not capable of handling more that a
certain amount of LAN addresses, and once that limit is reached the P50
won't route any other reques from the PC's in the LAN. Maybe it hgas to do
with the amount o memory available for that purpose in the P50.

Am I right?

And if I am, is there any way to re-allocate the memory?

Claus
======

At 01:03 AM 8/18/98 , claudio@tasco.cl wrote:
>Hi guys,
>

>I need urgently your help with NAT and DHCP with a P50.
>
>What is the way to configure a P50 for NAT_
>
>NAT works fine for one or two PC's but whe you add more the P50 goes
>crazy. The link is up but only some PS's are able to route. (wich is
>not always the same, much to my regret!)
>
>I might be doing something wrong.
>
>Should I use Single or Multiple IP
>Proxy Mode= Always, Active or Off
>Do I need a particular software load?

Mult-IP requires a special setup on the ISP side.  go with Single IP NAT.
Proxy mode i don't think matters, mine is set on Always.  Use either 6.0.9
or 6.1.5 software load, depending on how old your pipeline is.
---
kevin

ISDN/Commercial Support Dept                 kevin.b@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                         [Quake is law]
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>