(ASCEND) SNMP Traps on TNT

I've just spent a very frustrating morning trying to get my TNTs to send
traps.  No matter what I did, no traps went out.  Finally, out of
frustration, I reset the TNT and WOW!  Suddenly I had traps.  The reset
itself generated traps, and things that would not cause traps before the
reset were happily spewing out traps after the reset.  That leads me to my
question:  Does the TNT have to be reset before new trap profiles become
effective?  Is there anything that can be done besides resetting to make
trap profiles take effect?

I'm currently running 6.1.3, but this would seem to be consistent with the
chronic problems I've had with traps on past releases.

|                    Lee Nelson                      |
|                   lwn@iwbc.net                     |
| Network Administration, IWBC ISP Services Inc.     |
|    Voice: (425)290-1800  Fax: (425)290-1751        |
| 8625 Evergreen Way, Suite 215,  Everett, WA  98204 |
|               http://www.iwbc.net                  |