Re: Re: (ASCEND) Multilink PPP on TNT and Maxen...

>From: J-Mag Guthrie <j-mag@brokersys.com>
>
>On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Todd A. Blank wrote:
>
>> Does Multilink PPP work on Ascend products?  After my experience, I sure
>> don't think so...  If it does, can somebody please provide me with the
>> necessary attributes for my AAC/RADIUS profiles to get it working?  I am
>> gathering a list of very angry customers...
>
>It works really well here.  We use our own Livingston-based, homebrew
>radius running under Linux, but this snippet from our users file should be
>helpful. The first profile is for regular PPP connections and the second
>is for two-channel multi-link PPP.  We're running 5.0Ap51 on one Max and
>6.1.3 on another.

<snip>

>PPP2 	User-Password = "UNIX"
>	Service-Type = Framed,
>	Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 0,
>	Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>	Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
>	Framed-Routing = None,
>	Framed-MTU = 1500,
>	Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
>	Ascend-Maximum-Channels	= 2
>
>- - J-Mag Guthrie

Shouldn't Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255 for single-user accounts?

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   The San Francisco Bay Area's
415-459-7991 x102     Macintosh Internet Service Provider
415-459-7992 fax      http://www.infoasis.com/