Re: (ASCEND) Multilink PPP on TNT and Maxen...

At 11:08 AM 8/19/98 -0400, Todd A. Blank wrote:
>I have multiple users trying to do Multilink PPP to my TNT and Maxen.
>The Maxen are running 6.1.7 and the TNT is running 2.1.3e13.  The
>clients are using everything from Multitech and Diamond to NT RAS.

Pipelines?

>I have tried every conceivable RADIUS profile configuration.  All these
>Boxen authenticate through AAC running on BSDi.
>
>Here is my question:
>
>Does Multilink PPP work on Ascend products?

That must be a trick question....we have been doing MP since way before
there was even an MP RFC. I personally call into a MAX6000 *every* day
with MP connections (Pipeline 85).

>After my experience, I sure
>don't think so...  If it does, can somebody please provide me with the
>necessary attributes for my AAC/RADIUS profiles to get it working?  I am
>gathering a list of very angry customers...

Did you disallow MP in the configuration on the MAX/TNT - it is enabled
by default.

In RADIUS, you can actually use the same profile for PPP and MP(+) calls
since there is no restriction to single-channel or PPP unless you
explicitly set
it in the MAX/TNT or RADIUS.

>I would really like an official answer from Ascend on this issue - which
>I have never had, even though I have repeatedly asked.

Sorry if I've missed the question in the past.

Yes it is supported. We were one of the first to support MP in fact.

Maybe we need to see your configuration to figure out what could be causing
your problems.

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.