(ASCEND) 6.1.7 and randomness of the Max IP address....

Hello there;  I wander is anyone else is experiencing this problem with
6.1.7:

I assigned numberred point to point links to isdn dialup; 1 /30 ip on my
end, and another /30 ip in the customer end.
Up to now, it all worked well.

With the last release of Ascend, the Max IP Address (used to always be
the ip assigned to the Ethernet port) follows the WAN ip of the last
incoming call.

So, A traceroute would show : Ethernet -> WAN13-local_ip ->
WAN27-remote_ip  when it used to be :
                                            Ethernet -> MAX-Ethernet_ip
-> WAN27-remote_ip...

Strange.... will Ascend ever be able to deliver code with V.90 ?  I wish
the would leave 5.0p24 alone, replacing only the rockwell microcode.

--------
Raul Zighelboim                     rzig@verio.net