(ASCEND) Pipeline Filters - Help!

I have a small number of Pipelines that keep dialing into the net even
though there are no workstations connected.  I have been advised that this
could be caused by one or more configuration settings on the Pipeline 75 or
maybe I need a filter.

Can anyone tell me what configuration settings could cause this... I am
routing IP only and have bridging and IPX disabled.

For filters, I have never implemented filters before even though I took the
Pipeline class appx 10 months ago.  I am a little confused so if someone
can make sure I am thinking clearly... I would greatly appreciate it.

On one of my test Pipelines, I want to implement the the filter example
from the Ascend Web site for filtering out all protocols except IP.

Should I first go to Ethernet>Filters>IP Call>Output Filters>Out Filter 01
(for Output1 in the example)... then Out Filter 02 (for Output2) then Out
Filter 03 (For Output3) and save then... go to
Ethernet>Connections>Profile>Session Options and specify 1 for the first
filter?

If this is true then how/when do the second and third filters come into
play?

Thanks for any input and advice.

Mitch